Whether you’re getting hitched, attending a charity gala, or sending your teens to prom, you may be inspired to hire a limo for your special event. There are several good reasons to go this route. For one thing, it’s a great way to ferry around a multitude of passengers without having to coordinate a caravan of cars. And of course, it doesn’t hurt to have a professional driver behind the wheel, ensuring that you get where you need to go on time. In addition, you won’t have to worry about sipping champagne when you know you won’t be driving. However, there are a few details you’ll have to attend to in order to make sure that your evening goes off without a hitch. So here are some things to consider when you go about hiring a limo service for your special occasion.
- Size of vehicle. The first thing you’ll probably want to address is the size of vehicle you’ll need, and this will likely be based on the number of passengers you anticipate. If it’s just going to be you and your spouse riding to the reception after the nuptials and then on to the airport to jet off on the honeymoon, a small, intimate Town Car may be just the ticket (unless you have it in your budget to secure a stretch number an you don’t mind throwing away money on wasted space). On the other hand, a car that is slated to transport your daughter, her date, and all of her friends to prom should probably be a wee bit larger on the inside to accommodate the additional passengers. When you know how many people are in your party, the limo company should be able to offer suggestions on the size and/or number of cars in their fleet that will suit your needs.
- Duration of use. Another piece of information you’ll want to come prepared with when you first meet with limo companies is the duration of time that you’ll need the limousine. Whether you simply want to be taken from one location to another or you’d like to have a driver at your disposal for several hours or even the whole day, you need to impart this information so that the vendor can let you know if the service you seek is available and how much it will cost.
- Classic versus modern. The type of event you’re attending could dictate, to some degree, the make and model of limo you prefer to arrive and/or leave in. If you’re throwing a traditional and sophisticated wedding, for example, you might prefer a classic Rolls Royce. But kids on their way to prom might opt for a stretch Hummer instead.
- Cost. It’s a rare person indeed that says money is no object, and actually means it. Most people renting a limo for a special event are working with some kind of budget, so cost is an important part of the deal. Don’t be afraid to comparison shop in order to find not only the service and options that suit your needs, but also an affordable price.
- Contract. Whether you book online with limos.com or you opt for a local service like 4 Leaf Limo, it’s important to make sure that you understand the contract before you sign. This legal document is designed to protect both you and the limo service in case of a dispute, but you obviously don’t want it to get to that point if you can possibly avoid it. So go over the contract beforehand to make sure you know exactly what you’re getting for your money.